NOTE: All shooters/observers must wear ear protection when on the firing line. It is strongly recommended that observers/spectators near the firing line also wear eye protection.
1. Members must be prepared to show their membership card at the range if asked by another member. If you don’t have card you must show your driver’s license. Article 1, paragraph F of the By-Laws.
2. Lock the range gate after entering the range.
3. Automatic/altered weapons are prohibited. This includes any semi-automatic gun altered with a “bump stock”, “Hellfire trigger”, “slide” fire, or any other device system or mechanism which increases the factory rate of fire of the weapon. Also, .50 caliber (BMG) weapons/ammo are prohibited. Exception is black powder weapons. If unsure, contact Range Officer, Stan Capps (620) 741-1125.
4. No shooting in any direction except down range. If range is being mowed, sprayed, or worked on, shooting is to stop until activity is finished (except pistol range). Careless, unsafe, or illegal shooting/gun handling will result in membership suspension, fine, and/or expulsion from club. Article I, paragraph E, Article VI of the By-Laws.
5. Drinking of alcohol while shooting is prohibited.
6. Shooting at stations, benches, and yardages is on a first come basis. Do not let a member wait more than an hour before allowing member his turn.
7. Members may bring guests to the range. However, the member must be present at all times and is responsible for behavior of guests. Article I, paragraph F.
8. The gun range is private property. Since the club is state incorporated, all members are owners. All members are responsible for maintenance, condition, and appearance of the range. Whatever members bring to the range either dispose of in garbage cans or take home when you leave. Do NOT leave debris at the range. NO LIVE ammo in garbage cans. Any violation of range rules/By-Laws will result in a $50 fine paid within 30 days of the violation. Failure to pay fine will result in expulsion from the club. Article L, paragraph E & F, Article VI, paragraph B
9. Glass targets/bottles are prohibited. No rifle calibers or copper jacketed bullets at metal silhouettes/plates on the PISTOL range. Use on cast lead. NO RIFLE on the pistol range and includes NO .22 caliber.
10. It is a member’s duty and responsibility to report a problem or if anything is wrong with the range. Feel free to contact one of the directors. Since all members are owners of the range, do not hesitate in utilizing your skill to repair or improve the range. The club will reimburse members for any club related expense.
11. METAL TARGETS. The club recognizes the dangers to the shooting at metal targets and believe the following restrictions will minimize those dangers. Members and guests are prohibited from shooting at metal targets closer than FIFTEEN YARDS. Shooters and observers on the firing line are required to wear EYE PROTECTION. Prescription glasses are considered acceptable eye protection although added “wraparound” eye protection is recommended. It is strongly recommended especially if they are near the metal plate firing line. REMEMBER! USE ONLY LEAD BULLETS/AMMO ON METAL PLATES!!!!
12. If there is a shooter at the 200 yard bench, NO ONE can be shooting at either the 100 yard wood or concrete rifle line! Likewise, if anyone is shooting at the 100 yard wood or concrete benches there can be no one in front of them between the benches and the rifle berm. There are NO exceptions! Any member refusing to observe this rule could be EXPELLED from the club! It will only take one accident/incident to shut down our 50+ year old club forever—better safe than sorry!
Copyright © 2021 Marksman Rifle and Pistol Club - All Rights Reserved.